I have a new recipe that I have tried from Pinterest. This recipe is for Cream Cheese Corn. Here is the link from the original recipe.
The only change I did was add Okra to the dish. Here are the ingredients.
- 4 cans Libby’s whole kernel corn, drained
- 12 slices bacon, split
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 – 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil or melted butter
- About 15 okra cut into pieces
I added the Okra as I added the Cream Cheese to the skillet.
I have to say this is my first real time saute onions in butter and not burning them. Worked really well. 🙂 That is my real proud moment.
Anyway this was a great recipe as an alternative to Cream Corn. I brought it to a wedding and it went really quickly. I almost did not get any.